CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Surgery 9/27/2010

I know, it's been way too long since the last time I blogged. So lets play a little game of catching up.
Lets see, Sept 27th I had my knee surgery. OUCH! Surgery wasn't really that bad. It didn't take as long as they thought it was going to, so that was good. Waking up was hard for me. I got really sick and couldn't stop throwing up for a while. After they finally released me, I ended up just going to sleep on the way home-helped with being sick, just slept through it all.:)

I was in physical therapy two days later, barely able to walk. But they had to do the first bangage changing. And yes I did cry like a little baby on my first visit. It hurt pretty bad.

Things progressed at a nice rate for quite a while. Then we decided to try and throw in some water therapy. Not a good idea. My knee absolutely hated it. Now I have had to back down off of some of the exercised I was doing, and I am in more pain again. GRRR! I am slowly, and I mean very slowly, starting to progress a bit again. I am mostly just irritated that I'm not healed up yet. I hate not being able to do the things that I need to. I hate not being to walk for long distances. I just plain ol hate being in pain all the time. Especially when it keeps me up all night.
I went and saw my doctor again yesterday, and because of the water set back, and still being in so much pain, he decided to do a cortisone shot. It really wasn't that bad, the nurse had numbed quite a bit, the initial stick with the needle burned a bit, then some more burning when she started pushing the fluid through the needle. I was still pretty numb for a while afterwards, but of course still had the achiness. It wasn't till a few hours later, after the lidocaine had worn off some, that I was in lot of pain, ahhh, so not what I wanted. It was harder for me to get around again. But as the time passed, and the steroids could start kicking in, I started having less and less pain or achiness. Today there really isn't that much pain, still a bit achy, but not quite as much as there was before. So, for now I am kinda liking the shot. Lets just hope that it will continue to work and take most of the pain away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment