CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 26, 2010

First week

So our first week in Harrison (actually Valley Springs) was kinda neat. We got here on Thursday July 1st. Rested on Friday and Saturday. Sunday we went to town for the festivities-which included: tricycle races-by the toddlers, turtles races- they had over 300 this year and it was pretty neat to watch it happen, then we had fireworks that night and after the fireworks they closed down the 'square' for street dancing. It was mostly just high schoolers hanging out so we just went and wandered walmart for bit...Monday we rested some more, didn't want to deal with the holiday traffic. Tuesday we went around town and applied everywhere. Wednesday we went to Branson Missouri so that Marshall could apply at a bunch of places there. while we were there he had a cpl of pre-interviews. Thursday we helped his mom to clean and organize her house some. Friday Marshall went back to Branson for a bunch of interviews, and he came home with a cpl offers. He had to turn some down, but he ended up taking the job at Bass Pro. He had to go up there on the 12th to fill out all the fun paper work, he had orientation on the 13th and he had his first real day on the 14th. So far he really likes it, except for the drive. Its about 45 miles each way. Which is a big bummer. But at least our car is getting really good gas mileage now.
I still haven't found work, which is difficult for me to deal with. There just aren't any nursing homes hiring right now, and either is the hospital. But I keep trying. That all I can do.

2 comments:

Unknown

Love it! I am glad you are happy. I want to see the house and the puppies and so on. I'll be checking on you!

Davis Fam

Wow, you guys moved??? I didn't even know that was in the plan! I wish you'd been able to stop by for a visit on your way out. I hope you love it there and can find a job soon. Keep smilin! :)

Post a Comment